Monday, March 21, 2011

Resham firiri, resham firiri - translation

Resham firiri, Resham firiri
Udera jaunkee dandaa ma bhanjyang
Resham firiri
swinging silk, swinging silk
Shall we fly over the 
valleys and hills 




Ek nale banduk, dui nale banduk, mirga lai takeko
Mirga lai mailey take ko hoina maya lai dakeko
I targeted a deer by one barrel gun and two barrel gun
Actually I didn't target that to deer but it was a gesture to call my love. 




Saano ma sano gaiko bachho bhirai ma, Ram, Ram
Chodreh jana sakena mailey, baru maya sangai jaum
A little calf fell down from the cliff
I couldn't leave you, my love, so let's go together. 

1 comment:

  1. This is the first song I learned when trekking in Nepal in 1997. I am a music teacher in Hong Kong who loves traveling and bringing songs back to the classroom, teaching them to students who then in turn perform them.

    ReplyDelete